[Reader-list] Kashmir has become the whore of academia

Aalok Aima aalok.aima at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 16:39:43 IST 2010

ana

(since you have copied the mail to me)

i do apologise for my lack of knowledge about spivak ...... comes out of my lack of interest generally in academics or their work

after your mail, i did try to read up on her but unfortunately her work, i realise,  would be too terse for the layman that i am

what i can certainly appreciate is the work of "The Pares Chandra and Sivani Chakravorty Memorial Education Project" and the focus in:

"currently operates schools in rural areas of West Bengal, India. By setting up schools and giving sustained training to local teachers who operate them with the help of local supervisors, the Project seeks to offer children in these areas the resources to enter the mainstream education system for high school and beyond."

a dire need in india

thanks

........... aalok aima