[Reader-list] Study disputes Gujarat's miracle in agriculture growth

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Wed Nov 10 22:49:02 IST 2010

Dear Rakesh,

I have never said earlier that what today Gujarat is only due to Narendra
Modi. Please see bellow one para of my reply to you only earlier.

In the field of infrastructural development, Gujarat is way ahead than many
ways than the other state. Gujarat roads were much better even before
reforms started and it was agreed by tourist come over here, in power sector
Gujarat is always ahead and almost having today uninterrupted power
including villages. For this Gujarat is paying highest tariff for power and
lowest power theft than rest of the India and this is the reason they get
uninterrupted supply. Similarly it has highest no. of ports and this is due
to their long seashore and highest no. domestic airports than any other
states. Reason is, since their establishments, Gujarat has not given any
subsidies by any means. No free electricity to farmers and they are paying
as per norms only, never given any subsidize rice or such other thing but
still Gujarat is ahead of all the state in many criteria. It gives highest
income to central govt. highest investment in share market, post office
saving, banks. Prosperity of Gujarat was there and Narendra Modi has just
speeded this up by improving govt. efficiency by having total control over
IAS cadre, minimize corruption, made govt. PSU profitable. This is not small
things. Gujarat has shown progress without subsidy is the proof of my
argument.

More than enough discussion made earlier on narmada dam topic.

Thanks
Bipin Trivedi