[Reader-list] Such A Long Journey dropped from Mumbai University's SYBA English Syllabus - St Xavier's College expresses dissent

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:19:50 IST 2010

"
"The story is set in Bombay during the early seventies, at the time of
India’s second war with Pakistan, in the days just before Indira
Gandhi’s infamous emergency. Mistry portrays Indira as a power hungry
statesman, a dictator in the making with police tactics and nepotism
to champion the cause of her incapable son Sanjay.

An intriguing tale that mixes politics, love, espionage, friendship,
and fate, Such a long journey is also a profound, insightful outlook
on the many troubles plaguing modern India. A fascinating read."

http://indersalim.livejournal.com