[Reader-list] "Return Hindu shrines to Dalits, Buddhists"

Shashidhar shashidhar at butterfliesindia.org
Wed Oct 13 10:24:58 IST 2010

Dear Subhardra,

When you say hindu do you mean people like me and javed and everyone else in
India or only those 5% or maybe even lesser population of zealots who are
still concerned over this dialogue for purely political reasons, cmon they
do not  believe in any god.. These fellows are using us and if the argument
is still above us, may all your gods help us.  Born into a hindu family so I
am one, it not as if all muslims and hindus have undertaken studies of the
religion and chosen a particular path of spirituality over the others. We
mostly do not have any choice in the god or the theology we wish to follow.
It is ok for people to believe in anything but not right on technocrats to
present half baked facts based some report published by some government body
who they is aligned to the right-wing forces, and none including the muslims
in ASI have integrity to publish the facts. Most of us do not know Sanskrit,
pali, prakrit, we rely on crude translations of these texts whose
genuineness is questionable.  None of has gone to Ayodhya, asked the people
what they want, none of us care that thre were thankfully no roits, none us
are worried about judicial incompetence in the case of more than 1 Lakh
under trials, but yes those acres of land interest all of us.

It is all in the past, long gone forgotten, no one cares, I repeat there is
no god, show me god and we can talk about gods and temple dedicated to gods.
Javed mentioned in his mail, Bhagawan Buddha vetoed all form of idol
worship, why pagodas and temples.

Yes what Subhadra says is right on, there were periods of turbulence in
Hindu history, life was getting to be too ritualistsic and people were
forgetting science or community life, during such times, Gautama rose like a
phoenix and set things right, so did chaitnya mahaprabhu, djaneshwar,
madvacharya, shankara, bullesh shah. For me the reading from all these
masters tells me of the nonexistence of any god, Surrender to self and a
life of peace being more important than rubble and dust.

No historian can with authority speak of the past,  talking to historians
sometimes is more like talking to a better palmist, who can predict the past
according to your likes and dislikes.

Peace and Love

Shashi