[Reader-list] Arundhati roy has become a joke: Guha

anuradha mukherjee anu.mukh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:09:01 IST 2010

A rickshawalla told you Arundhati Roy is a "psuedo intellectual", in fact,
"the Rakhi Sawant of the pseudo-intellectuals!!!". Pardon my sense of
incredulity, but I find this coment rather hard to believe. Now, I also take
rickshaws and autorickshaws and have met many such people who have
incredible political opinions, but this one sounds a bit far fetched. I
don't have anything against right wing or left wing sympathies, and many
express those thoughts here, provided they don't insult the intelligence of
the readers here.
"Please allow people to voice their opinion. This is a forum for free
speech. It is so ironical, i see the old hats using abusive language
just to prove their point. A supposed inspiration from Arundhati."
You, if I remember correctly, started this entire string with a speculation
about someone's dress sense or supposed "morals" becasue you don't agree
with her point of view. You really need to reconsider your own line of
thought before you make these pleas of "Freedom of Speech."