[Reader-list] Arundhati roy has become a joke: Guha

SJabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 23:21:02 IST 2010

Inder, from what have you construed that Ram Guha supported Pokhran II?

On 29/10/10 11:07 PM, "Inder Salim" <indersalim at gmail.com> wrote:

> ³We are worlds apart, our politics, our arguments. I¹m
inclined to put as
> great a distance as possible between the Guhas of the
world and myself.²

This
> what Roy, said, if one goes by the article posted by Mr. ARK
So what is the
> fuss, it is Gua ji himself who is crossing lines,
mixing the faculty of
> history with activism. he is doing is at his own
peril.

. "Then > followed
> her opposition to Pokhran II. At that point, Guha
in a piece titled
> ŒArun
> Shourie of the Left¹ reading comments like this, my suggestion to myself is
> that i should not take Gua ji seriously. Paradoxically, he seeing a genius in
> Gandhi, but would Gandhi support Dams and Nuclear test. I saw his theatrical
> gestures in front of Barkha Dutt, ( his latest company ). so what to
> say.

however, there are some good quotes ³Gandhi and Nehru¹s genius
obscure that wound, to overcome it and not make India a Hindu
Pakistan.²
> much to disappointment of Patal lovers.

Well, i was actually a little late
> when i switched on TV. to see his
interview with our Genius Barkha Dutt ji on
> NDTV. . Gua said that in
absence of MA Jinnah, both Gandhi and Nehru would not
> have pursued '
Secularism' in Congress politics, vigorously those days. So,
> the
indirect contribution of Jinnah in the making of India is immense,

So, if
> one goes by this Gua logic,  how is A.Roy a joke? . Isnt she
pushing, single
> handedly the Indian state to look around their
shoulders and see the mountain
> of injustices piling up in every
sector.

Thanks Mr. ARK for posting
> this

with love
is

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Aditya Raj

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com

Critiques &
To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net