[Reader-list] Arundhati roy has become a joke: Guha

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 23:07:21 IST 2010

“We are worlds apart, our politics, our arguments. I’m
inclined to put as great a distance as possible between the Guhas of the
world and myself.”

This what Roy, said, if one goes by the article posted by Mr. ARK
So what is the fuss, it is Gua ji himself who is crossing lines,
mixing the faculty of history with activism. he is doing is at his own
peril.

. "Then > followed her opposition to Pokhran II. At that point, Guha
in a piece titled
> ‘Arun Shourie of the Left’ reading comments like this, my suggestion to myself is that i should not take Gua ji seriously. Paradoxically, he seeing a genius in Gandhi, but would Gandhi support Dams and Nuclear test. I saw his theatrical gestures in front of Barkha Dutt, ( his latest company ). so what to say.

however, there are some good quotes “Gandhi and Nehru’s genius to
obscure that wound, to overcome it and not make India a Hindu
Pakistan.” much to disappointment of Patal lovers.

Well, i was actually a little late when i switched on TV. to see his
interview with our Genius Barkha Dutt ji on NDTV. . Gua said that in
absence of MA Jinnah, both Gandhi and Nehru would not have pursued '
Secularism' in Congress politics, vigorously those days. So, the
indirect contribution of Jinnah in the making of India is immense,

So, if one goes by this Gua logic,  how is A.Roy a joke? . Isnt she
pushing, single handedly the Indian state to look around their
shoulders and see the mountain of injustices piling up in every
sector.

Thanks Mr. ARK for posting this

with love
is