[Reader-list] "Kashmir: a place of blood and memory" Nitasha Kaul

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 21:52:10 IST 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM, we wi <dhatr1i at yahoo.com> wrote:

> MAYURA, BANA, HARSHAVARDHANA and many more who ever contributed to INDIA.  In particular MAYURA analyzed the sun in such a way that the kind of rays that the sun emit, their color,their wavelength, their hue etc and got his eye sight. SUN appeared to him and gave the vision once he finished this 100 stanza shatak.    Who ever study the particular stanzas will get the lost eyesight.  This is not million year history but just recent.  Fortunately that book and the shlokas din't ruined either in NALANDA or anywhere by a,b,c,d.  It is there everywhere in INDIA and it is referred so much.  The question of CHINA doesn't appear when it comes to J&K, because they don't know anything about India until Hsüan-tsang made a visit.  Next PAKISTAN a seperate country was created for the selfish JINNAH based on his 2 nation theory. By fearing violence Mr.Gandhi accepted it and since last 60 years there have been troubles. No question of PAKISTANI  claiming on
>  occupied territories of J&K will arise, as the country itself  created by INDIA.  Who ever say whatever J&K is Integral part of INDIA and no body can comment or question.  Dear Sanjay Kak you are free to settle in PAKISTAN along with Nitasha kaul(if they allow) and likewise the seperatists.
>
>          Srinagar may or may not be shifted but it is there. The description is
>
> 1) as per LALITA SAHASRANAM(1000 names of lalita) from BRAHMADA PURANA let me bring you a verse describing godess LALITA DEVI  who used to stay in SRIPURA(srinagar).  The architect was VISWAKARMA and the description is
>
>       " Sumeru madhya srungastha
> Srimannagara nayika. "

etc

<snip>

See Saklatvala's 1930 article:
http://www.marxists.org/archive/saklatvala/1930/07/gandhi.htm
Gandhi was promoted by the British to counter militancy in the Indian
freedom movement. The dominant capitalist forces simply changed their
appearance after independence. The happenings in post colonial India
clearly shows that nationhood is a very shallow concept and is of very
limited value in controlling big capitalists.

Slokas were originally developed to drive wild animals (and possibly
mosquito) away. Nonsensical meaning laden mumbo jumbo and tall tales
were composed later by a section of brahmins to fool the others into
virtual slavery. Many of the Kings in connivance with sections of the
brahmins (big gangsters or goons) used the scriptures and vedic texts
to route all of the people's discontent to nonexistent Gods. A massive
collection of materialist texts not conforming to the  nonsense of
Vedas were almost certainly destroyed by these forces.

Irrespective of this history, how does it matter if some of those
goons had conquered Kashmir at some point of time?

Your reading of history is also reminiscent of the literary works of
Rajaram - the Onager who saw horses in his dreams. Internet porn has
progressed far beyond points 19, 20 mentioned by you.

Anyway, why should anybody be concerned by the spouting of sycophants
of kings and lunatics, when the problem is about basic livelihood,
material necessities and unending exploitation?

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani