[Reader-list] Fw: Re: Why Kashmir defies solutions

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Wed Sep 8 11:39:45 IST 2010

YES well said Taraprakash

-----Original Message-----
From: reader-list-bounces at sarai.net [mailto:reader-list-bounces at sarai.net] On Behalf Of TaraPrakash
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:28 AM
To: gowhar fazli; reader-list at sarai.net
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Fw: Re: Why Kashmir defies solutions

My problem with the heading is that few thousand lumpins and few hundred
terrorists are assumed to be the whole Kashmir. As some news items forwarded
by Sonia suggest, people want normalcy to return.

People voted whole heartedly for a government and police is part of the
government. The government let them down, so people's anger is
understandable. If people get paid for stone pelting and sloganeering, they
will do that. If people get paid for stopping the stone pelters, they will
do that too.