[Reader-list] anti-imperialism

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 06:52:06 IST 2011

CPI(M)'s stance on imperialism has always been consistent. This
article outlines the connection between globalization and imperialism
: http://www.pragoti.org/node/4234 (see comment as well)

CPI, RSP, FB and CPIML are all anti-imperialist. Differences relate to
perceptions of the connection between imperialism and globalization
and strategies against them.

The earlier Naxalites of the seventies did not have a clear position
on the US and US imperialism. The muddled position of the so-called
maoists definitely has no principles behind it.

The Kashmiri secessionist  movements are not interpreted as 'forms of
'imperialism'' by the mainstream Left as there are genuine
socio-economic reasons and a long history to it. Foreign interests do
matter, but the problem does not reduce to it.  Generally religion
does not matter in the context of 'imperialism', it may be a tool in
the hand of the few powerful perpetrators of imperialism and religion
is not class.

Best

A. Mani

--