[Reader-list] Regional Dalit and Adivasi students Workshop at Chandigarh, New Delhi and Patna (Announcement)

anoop kumar anoopkheri at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 00:36:51 IST 2011

Regional Dalit and Adivasi students Workshop at Chandigarh, New Delhi and
Patna (Announcement)

Insight Foundation in collaboration with other organisations and various
university centres is organising a series of Regional Dalit and Adivasi
Students Workshops across the country.

In this series, we have already organised a two day workshop *in Chennai on
29-30 January 2011*in collaboration with an organisation *Velicham, Chennai*
.

60 Dalit and Adivasi students from 12 universities in Tamilnadu and
Pondicherry participated in our Chennai workshop.

*Now we are organising similar workshops in three other cities - Chandigarh,
Delhi and Patna involving Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties from
respective regions.   *

*1.* *Chandigarh Regional Workshop *

* *

* *

 *Date*: 26 -27 February

 *Venue:* ICSSR Hall, Panjab University

*Number of participants:* 60 Dalit and Adivasi students and Faculty members
from Punjab and Haryana

*This workshop is being organised in collaboration with Centre for the Study
of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (Panjab University) and Ambedkar
students’ Association.*

* *

* **2. New Delhi Regional Workshop *

* *

* *

*Date:* 5-6 March

*Venue: *Indian Social Institute, Lodi Road, New Delhi

*Number of participants*: 60 Dalit and Adivasi Students and Faculty members
from Delhi, Western UP and north Madhya Pradesh

 *3.  Patna Regional Workshop*

*Date:  *12-13 March

*Venue:  *Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy,
Patna Science College, Patna University

*Number of participants*: 60 Dalit and Adivasi Students and Faculty members
from different part of Bihar

*This workshop is being organised in collaboration with Centre for the Study
of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (Patna University) *

 Apart from these three workshops, Insight Foundation is working
towards organizing similar workshops at

   - * Nagpur *
   - * Udaipur *
   - * Bhubaneswar *
   - * and Trivendram *

 in collaboration with local organisations and universities centers. These
workshops will be organised in the second half of the month of March and
early April, this year.

*Objectives of the regional workshops *

   -

   To build strategies for networking  among our students and faculties so
   that our students are able to achieve academic excellence through creating
   various support systems for themselves within and outside University
   system.

   -

   To discuss on the implementation of various government measures and
   policies within Universities and colleges for the benefit of our students
   like SC/ST Cells, reservations in admissions and faculty recruitments,
   scholarship schemes, bank loans, remedial courses etc.

   -

   * *To discuss on emerging policy changes in higher education and its
   impact on Dalit and Adivasi privatization in higher education, higher
   education bill and self-financing courses.

   - Documenting individual expediencies of Dalit and Adivasi students.

*Work Shop Schedule *

*Day I :*

* *

* *

*Ist Session* (9am -1pm) - Sharing by participants about their expereinces
at local campuses /colleges / universities

*IInd Session* (2pm -6pm) -  Discussion on efficacy of Various Government
Provisions for the benefit of Dalit and Adivasi students

*Day II: *

* *

* *

*Ist Session* (9am -1pm) -   Discussion on emerging policy changes in Higher
education and its impact on Dalit and Adivasis

*IInd Session* (2pm -6pm) -   Creating support systems through self-help/
community help and networking among students and faculties

*After conducting all 8 regional workshops, Insight Foundation is going to
bring out a public report based on the deliberations held, documenting
the experiences of Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties in Higher
education in India.  *

*Please Note - *

*1. *The students participants coming from different parts of the state will
be provided to and fro fare.

*2.  *The accomodation and food for all the participants will be taken care
of by the organising team.

*3.*  Intrested Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties who want to
participate in these three workshops at Chandigarh, New Delhi and Patna,
Kindly get in touch with us at

09313432410 (Anoop), 09999599876 (Gurinder) or at our helpline
(09999484249)

or can mail us at anoop at insightfoundation.in or mail at insightfoundation.in

*Jaibheem !*

--
"Rosa sat so Martin could walk; Martin walked so Obama could run, Obama ran
so your children can fly"