[Reader-list] A Season of Footage and Films, Part 10, Women at Work. Tomorrow Feb. 27 at CAMP

shaina a kalakamra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 23:33:22 IST 2011

Dear all,
Apologies for cross-posting.

CAMP continues our winter season of screenings exploring footage both within
and without the usual capsule of "the film".  This Sunday we present: *

Women at Work. *
Footage from the Dharavi Documentation project.
170 mins.

Sunday February 27
7:00 pm.
At
CAMP roof <http://camputer.org/campstudio.html>
301, Alif Apartments,
Chium village, Khar (w)
Mumbai- 52

Film-maker, Richa Hushing, and camerapersons, Tapan Vyas and Rrivu Laha,
take us through Koliwada and Kumbharwada in Dharavi. The footage visits a
kiln, a congested road, a fish market and a number of workshops. It looks at
women, who make a formidable percentage of the total workforce in Dharavi,
and the object and spaces they interact with while they work (leather belts,
fish, pots, terraces). The material was shot in 2008 around when the Dharavi
Re-development Project was put on hold and is sourced from the Dharavi
Documentation Project in pad.ma and is part of the digital image archive,
Godaam (Majlis).

See you there!

For questions and responses email info(@)camputer.org

To unsubscribe, simply send an email with the word "unsubscribe" as the
subject to camp-request at lists.mailb.org

--
camputer.org
pad.ma