[Reader-list] Village school on the outskirts of Pune needs teachers and supporters

Chintan Girish Modi chintan.backups at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 07:46:28 IST 2011

Mail Ranjana at dranjana12 at gmail.com if you're interested.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chandni Parekh
Date: Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM
Subject: Opportunities to Support an Alternative School in Pune

From: Ranjana Baji <dranjana12 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 15, 2011

Dear friends,

1. We have started a school in a small village about 30 kms away from
kothrud area of pune. This is a waldrof inspired school. The principles of
waldrof education of wholistic development of children are considered as a
base to the system.. at the same time we see that it is blended with the
rural culture to which the children and their families belong.

2. we need some good persons as teachers who are truly interested in
interacting with children. The learning process should be enjoyable for both
children and teachers.

3. The teachers will be paid. It is not necessary that they should
have degrees like B.Ed., D. Ed etc.

4. By June 2011 there will be residential facilities too. So if
somebody wants to stay there on week days and be back to pune on weekends
that will be possible, too.

5. Also I would like to have a group of like minded people who can be
there as a support group. They may not be required to come to the school on
regular basis. But they would be around when we need some guidance or help.

6. The parents of our school are the first generation parents whose
children are going to ENGLISH school. They send their children to English
school because for them it’s a *tool to get good jobs* in future. As we
discussed in person ‘ learning, getting wisdom and wholistic development of
children ‘are not on their priority list at this moment. So we have to
balance between these two extreme view points while dealing with the
children. It’s learning of children, parents and, more importantly, of us.

7. In no way we as teachers should behave that the children feel
disassociated from their families and culture. The rural culture is very
rich. We should not deprive them of that and make them ‘ Trishankus’..
neither here nor there..

8. We will arrange visit of people who would be interested to see the
school. It *will not be binding* that those who visit us have to be part of
the school in one way or other.

thanks for the time and consideration,
warm regards,
Ranjana.