[Reader-list] Luna Theater: Play Festival Submissions

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Thu Jul 7 08:02:32 IST 2011

Luna Theater Company is accepting submissions for the First Annual 10-Minute Play Festival. In keeping with our tenth season (which includes the Philadelphia premieres of Fin Kennedy’s “How To Disappear Completely And Never Be Found” and Leslye Headland’s “Bachelorette”), Luna will be presenting a festival of world premiere plays in June 2012, each dealing with the season’s theme of “Identity Crisis”.

We would love it if you could submit...

•   Plays that fit within the festival’s theme of “Identity Crisis”. More specifically, intimate, intelligent and intense plays that deal with big ideas and explore the human psyche. For more information on the type of pieces we are looking for, we invite you to look at our Production History on the Luna Theater website (www.lunatheater.org/past_p​roductions)
• Plays no longer than 10 minutes
• Plays requiring no more than four actors.
• Plays for actors between 18 to 30 years old.
• Plays that have yet to receive their world premiere production. Staged readings are acceptable
• Plays submitted via e-mail (.doc, .docx or .pdf formats only) with the subject line “(Last Name)/Solstice Submission/Date of Submission” (i.e. “Smith/Solstice Submission/Date of Submission”)
• One script per playwright. Send us your best work. Or your worst. Up to you

However, we would rather you not send us this:

• Plays longer than 10 minutes
• Plays that do not meet the cast size and age range requirements.
• Plays that have had a previous production
• Snail mail submissions
• Multiple submissions

Plays that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.

There is no compensation, but your play will receive a full world premiere production.

Deadline for submissions is November 30, 2011. We will e-mail you regarding the status of your submission by December 31, 2011.

Submissions should be sent to:
Jeremy Gable, Literary Manager
lunaliterary at gmail.com
www.lunatheater.org