[Reader-list] India Water Portal is looking for Content Publishers - Apply by July 15, 2011

Chintan Girish Modi chintan.backups at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:17:17 IST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: India Water Portal <indiawaterportal at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Subject: [Opportunity2389] India Water Portal is looking for Content
Publishers - Apply by July 15, 2011

The India Water Portal <http://www.indiawaterportal.org> is an open,
collaborative, web-based platform, anchored by
Arghyam<http://www.arghyam.org/>,
that shares water management knowledge amongst practitioners, experts and
concerned citizens. Through its content and services, the Portal aims to
inspire, catalyse and support water and environment-related development
initiatives on the ground, across the country.

The Portal has grown significantly since its start in 2007, and we are
looking for new people to help us manage our work.

*Title of position*
Content publisher(s) - India Water Portal.

*Nature of position*
Part-time, as a consultant working from home. You must be able to put in at
least *100 hours* of work in a month. After a 3-month induction period, your
appointment will be confirmed till the end of the financial year (2011-12),
and can be extended.

*Location*
Preferably Bangalore. Day to day coordination of the work will be through
phone and email. You must be able to make weekly visits to Arghyam's office
for initial training.

*Start Date*
August 01, 2011.

*Academic Qualifications*
Graduate in any discipline.

*Work Description*
Creating and uploading content onto the portal, as per our internal content
guidelines, and based on background information which will be provided for
every content task.

*Required Skills / Facilities*

   - Excellent English writing/communication skills, with good typing speed.
   Ability to read and write (type) in Hindi/Kannada is desirable.
   - Comfortable using basic MS Office software and various internet-based
   tools.
   - Have good computer and high speed internet access at home.

*Compensation*
Pay will be based on actual hours of work put in. The rate of pay will be
Rs. 80/hour, and will vary depending on your capacity, skills and related
experience. TDS (rate as per usual norms) will be deducted.

*NOTE: Work-related expenses such as computer purchase / maintenance,
electricity, internet etc will not be reimbursed.*

*Deadline for receiving applications*
Send in a 1-page resume in PDF format to contact at indiawaterportal.org (cc
jobs at arghyam.org), with the relevant subject, latest by *July 15, 2011*.

Only selected applicants will be contacted by India Water Portal.

Thanks

India Water Portal Team
Follow us @ http://twitter.com/indiawater,
https://www.facebook.com/IndiaWaterPortal &