[Reader-list] Erasing Signatures From History

Prem Chandavarkar prem.cnt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:38:55 IST 2011

Dear Jeebesh,
You are right - both poignant and absurd, but perhaps more poignant than
absurd.  Connects to some thoughts buzzing in my head on the impulse to
define modernity.  When we seek to do so we lose sight of the original
struggle to emancipate the autonomy of individual will and reduce modernity
to spectacle.  Perhaps we need to turn our attention to constructing
inclusive spaces of engagement.  Thom Williams wall is a space of
engagement, whereas the clean walls the principal wants are spaces of
spectacle.

Regards,
Prem