Fwd: Re: [Reader-list] Sahar Ke Nishan: Politics & Poetics of Visual Representations

hansa thapliyal hansathap1 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 14:38:51 IST 2002

on jean tags, some sharing
we are working on a project collecting stories about growing up as-
suburbanites to delhi? the sideys? the chotta college wallahs?
one of the stories we have is about how these young guys used to roam the
galli goochas trying to get themselves labelled t shirts etcetra made to
order by the darzies of badarpur- the lable makers in particular would be
most diappointed by the boring labels they were asked to copy- wrangler- lee
etcetra-
they would rather present their kareegari, according to our storytellers-
byt neatly making out colourful signs like- gas cylinders, and the like!