[Reader-list] crisis unfolding(ed)

geert lovink geert at desk.nl
Thu Mar 4 20:35:50 IST 2004

Thanks, Curt.

You wrote:

"I think after Venezuela we should be very very
weary of the crowd, of the mass of people on the
streets as evidence of anything authentic."

Does that also include 'our own' demonstrations? How about Seattle, Genova,
February 15? I do not mean this at all as a rethoric question because since
a long time I have been studying mass psychology, this now defunct 20st
century analytic and reflective wisdom (I hestitate to write 'science'),
which is exactly stressing the point that you are making here.

Geert