[Reader-list] first posting from Udayan Kumar

Gabriela Vargas-Cetina gabyvargasc at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Jan 14 20:30:24 IST 2006

My name is Gabriela Vargas-Cetina.  I am an anthropologist who now works on
urban music in the city of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.  I am a professor at the
Autonomous University of Yucatan, where I teach subjects related to economic
anthropology, music, research epistemology and methods, and post-structural
theory.  I subscribed to this list by accident, thinking I was subscribing
to a different list (yeah, when you are a professor and you have only a few
minutes in your day to do anything outside your regular work, these things
happen).  However, I have been enjoying many of the postings, and I thank
you all for the references to electronic art, film festivals and
music-related stuff.  Also, I love hearing about young scholars' projects.
So I've kept and will keep on lurking and reading you all whenever I can
afford the time.

Have a good day and all the best to everyone,

Gabriela

--
Gabriela Vargas-Cetina
Professor of Anthropology