[Reader-list] Nizamuddin Basti Faces Massive Demolition onApril 10

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 09:31:09 IST 2007

Agha Khan, Changez nahin hai, but people say that Agha Khan foundation is a full fledged country without borders. You must look at their site http://www.akdn.org/ Although they are doing some good work too, and appearantly in one news report they said the conservation of Nizamuddin area will not affect the people.

  And yes, the basti is a kind of place where rumours do more damage than the bulldozers. People are generally paranoid because they have no access to real information. Also, they seldom trust any outsiders - even if you go as their sympathizers.

  Yousuf

jaya iyer <junglejaya at gmail.com> wrote:
    Dear sudeshna/ yousuf and friends ,

  can i call you tomorrrow for more details, will try to be there or else atleast touch base - am sure we can atleast start something moving- my numbers are- 2652 0750/ 2651 9432

  ayush has been filing RTIs left right and centre -  and thanks tara for the optimism - jai ho
  sana is a lawyer -so may be she can help us, but lets get the facts- yes yousuf - these are big forces but what the hell *&^%$***#@!?^*

  aga khan hai - chegez khan to nahin upar se woh bhi nahin uska ek foundation ...

  with love
  jaya

  On 4/6/07, Taraprakash <taraprakash at gmail.com> wrote:       I hope, rather believe, that these are just rumors and nothing is going to happen to that basti.