[Reader-list] Clarification on the matter of allegedlyCancelled Screenings

M Yousuf yousufism at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:05:10 IST 2007

After a long time Zainab has brought in some fresh air into this space.

I have seen Sanjay Kak's film.i personally think it is not possible to
understand the film 'Jashn-e-Azadi' unless one leaves the notions of
territorial freedom.  The film is an excellent piece of work based on sound
and stable tectonics. I hope the film maker soon finds a way to screen the
film without him having to be present at every venue all the time.

Jashn-e-Azadi to my understanding is a work that for the first time has
tried to look at the discourse on Kashmir, and the issues and questions it
raises, outside the high walled superframe in which what is happening in
Kashmir and India today has been more or less successfully contained.

the film provides some keys to open holes in the gas chamber of irrational
nationalistic thinking about freedoms and political morality. The film is of
extreme intellectual importance .it opens up opportunities to ask the real
questions without pointing to any directions in which any answers may lie.

May more and more people see Jashn-e-Azadi. The canvas has offered absolute
intellectual honesty otherwise missing in the ongoing discourse.

M Yousuf