[Reader-list] Two Iqbals & One Faiz

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:19:00 IST 2007

Dear Yasir,

Could you help me this one please.

This is the first "misra" of Jawab-e-Shiqwa...

I am sure you have read it,it reads

Jo dil se nikalte hai baat asar rakhte hain
Par nahee,taqat-e-parwaaz magar rakhte hain

Does par here mean..wings or but

Different scholars have given me different interpretations,could you be kind
with yours.

Thanks and Regards

Rashneek

On 9/1/07, yasir ~ <yasir.media at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot but fail to note and be heartened that both sides (or as
> many) find inspiration in Faiz Ahmed Faiz and Muhammad Iqbal -
> Kshemendra quoting Niya Shivaalaa, Cashmeeri quoting Meray Dil Meray
> Musafir and Rashneek going back to Baang e Dara.
>
> Besides the Kashmeer connection it is not an unimportant note that
> they both received a similar religious education while growing up in
> Sialkot - however apparently contradictory that sounds.
>
> I will let Iqbal Bano sound it - Faiz's Hum Dekhenge. it becoming an
> anthem during the zia years.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6kiQjZePbc

Rashneek Kher
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com