[Reader-list] STOP THE SHUDDHA-FECAL-TION

Vishal Rawlley vishal.rawlley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:33:59 IST 2007

Dear Pawan,

I agree with you somewhat...

Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who have suffered can speak directly form their heart, without needing
to refer to historical texts and court documents. However, getting emotional
can also blind ones thinking. To a mother whose decent and noble army
officer son has been shot down while waiting at a bus stop (along with other
innocent bystanders) cannot be persuaded that the perpetrators were "freedom
fighters" and not terrorists and that her son was an "enemy agent" in a
"forcibly occupied land". I am assuming for arguments sake that it is true
that Kashmir is "occupied territory" and the armed conflict is between
"freedom fighters" and a "brutal army".

But, Pawan, could it also be that this assumption is actually the fact?!
Many are enraged that their army officer brethren are being made sacrificial
lambs in this war, when the only solution might be to withdraw and talk
across the table?? Could it be that the Kashmiri Pandits are being used as
pawns in a bigger game? It seems to me that the Kashmiri Pandits are more
with Delhi now than with Kashmir. Does Kashmir have a genuine reason to
fight with the state or no??? Are you willing to fight this for the sake of
all Kashmiris? Or is this just a Kashmiri Muslim's war?

Please ask yourself these questions and read the arguments posted by others
carefully and dispassionately and you may derive something out of it. They
you can direct your anger in the right direction. Do not get baited by
others at the slightest provocation. Most people are interested to see the
land and honour of ALL Kashmiris restored to them and put an end to the
blood bath. These people are interested in this much more than forcibly
keeping Kashmir with India at the cost of many lives.

I request you to take a break and do some introspection. Your opponents can
often give to more insights than your fan followers. You may end up
realising that it is the Indian politicians that are actually your main
enemy. You may also realise that you should shake that Yasin Malik's hand
when he is offering it to you. You may feel much better after this. You
could also start speaking to your Muslim Kashmiri brothers and sisters about
fighting the injustice to Kashmir without resorting to terror. You could
take the example of the Tibetan movement. The misguided need to be helped
and this is what your cause perhaps should be.

Whatever you decide is your wish, but hate mails to the reader-list is not
helping in any way yaar!

Best,
Vishal