[Reader-list] Sethusamudram Ship Canal Project - Blueprint for an ecological disaster

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:41:19 IST 2007

Hi Pawan,

I will not talk about the stance of the Left, or of the BJP or the Congress.

Personally, I normally vote for the Congress, but the last two times I have
invalidated my vote as I did not agree with the candidate of the platform
they were seeking office on.

However, I do care about whom I'm associated with. Whether for business or
otherwise, in any issue that is important to me, am extremely careful whom I
tie-up with since my reputation then also becomes linked up with them.

My disagreement with the BJP (am not loking at the VHP since they're not a
political party as such) is on the issue of how they could go along with a
mob and destroy a public property. Do note that I'm not talking about
whether it's a mosque or a temple or even an ordinary residents house.
Against the law and against the constitution they destroyed property and
then distanced themselves when the court laid down strictures.

That is my personal point of view.

However, if you feel it does not matter who you align yourself with, then
that too is your personal point of view.

Rgds, Partha