[Reader-list] FW: Attacks on Minorities in Kashmir Valley

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 22:35:53 IST 2008

Submission, please….

It sounds so inhuman but not so surprising though,to quote the figure of the ‘number of the killed Hindu Pandits’ in such a sarcastic manner…….

It is important to differentiate between those killed selectively by the pan Islamists in the process of systematic ethnic cleansing of innocent unarmed Hindu Pandits & those who were trained & armed abroad & died in a terror war against the Indian state.  And it happened in Kashmir that had almost no crime rate till the foreign sponsored ‘gun’ appeared there in 1989-90. In fact Kashmiri Muslim separatists could be credited for  having probably introduced Kalashnikov in the valley much  before the automatic gun was widely inducted in the army. Don’t we remember, it was 303 wielding PP – the Punjab Police that used to be called in to reinforce the lathi wielding JKP in case of any ‘hartal’ etc.?

My heart goes out to all those wailing mothers, sisters, widows & orphans who have lost their loved ones to this mindless bloody strife that the mother Kashir has been subjected to. It is unfortunate that the credulous Kashmiri Muslims have fallen prey to the sinister designs of their very own self appointed leaders & representatives. It is outrageous that politics is being practiced in Kashmir in the name of the dead. If there was a genuine concern for the common Kashmiris, then at least those lives that were lost in the recent turmoil could have been saved if only the civil society in Kashmir had come forward to contest the canards about demographic & cultural invasion.
LA