[Reader-list] 'Tolerant Kashmiris': An editorial in Etalaat

Syed Yunus delhi.yunus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:46:28 IST 2008

Dear Radhika Rajen,

Please do give the news from jammu, i will be thankful  & so would be other
list members following the debate.

Second, I don't get your point why one can't be proud of being a
maharashtrian, or kashmiri along with the proud of being Indian. all these
are identy layers, so where is the conflict?? for instance,I'm proud to be a
delhite, proud to be an Indian & proud to be a Muslim,

Similary loving ones origin, culture, or group or association does not
necessarily means hate other culture, groups etc.

To me this is the thin line that differentiate between a patriotic and an
ethnocentric person.

Carry on with your writings.

Best,

Yunus

On 7/8/08, radhikarajen at vsnl.net <radhikarajen at vsnl.net> wrote:

> Pawan,
>
>   to be a "journalist" today all that you need is a degree and a diploma in
> mass communications, and ofcourse right connections, no need of verification
> of facts available to you before you post the news, propagate the thoughts,
> you need not have any ethics and morals as long as your kitty is full of
> sponsors of any denomination to propagate their views as gospel new truth.!
>
> Otherwise this Shivam would not have missed the truth of citizens death in
> jammu injuries of citizens on protets.! That apart, when it comes to even
> identity of a citizen with respect to his state of birth, be it kashmir or
> kanyakumari, there are 30 states and citizens in all those states, and these
> citizens have their pride in being the Karnataka, Maharashtra or tamilnadu
> or Kashmir, but being Indian is the overiding factor, which unfortunately
> these neo breed of journalists do not seem to comprehend.?
>
> Regards.

Change is the only constant in life !