[Reader-list] Gandu world, words, Ajay and Raju

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Wed Mar 5 02:24:48 IST 2008

Oh, and for the record, I'd like to say that I personally don't feel
very offended by the content of Mohit's statement below-- it is not
particularly poetic or insightful and sounds to me like the verbal
equivalent of the barking of a guard dog, but that's a different matter,
and no problem as long as the grrr-ruf-ruffing doesn't disturb the peace
throughout the night.  No need to be alarmed-- there are fewer criminals
to bite on the streets than we might think.

May I be permitted to say that I found Salman Rushdie's critique far
more eloquent, imaginative and full of effort than yours, Mohit?  I love
the phrase "enjoys herself with others", though.

V.