[Reader-list] Election Year & Media

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:51:53 IST 2008

http://renjithmn.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/an-election-year-indian-media-sleazy-pleasure-of-baiting-hinduism/

Again an election year! Six assembly elections and the general election are
on the way. There are mountains of dirty linen the politicians and media in
this country to wash on this occasion. Obviously pseudo secularism is the
proven and immediate weapon to harvest the votes of so called "Minority".
With no surprise the stereotype bogey media found sleazy pleasure in baiting
Hinduism. Let us analysis what is the quantum of sleazy pleasure they enjoy
by baiting the Hindu religion and its affiliated nationalist organizations.

Malegaon blast whether it is done by ultra-nationalists like Pragya Thakur
or Anti-national jihadis is equally condemnable and must be stopped at any
cost. Every person with common sense would say the same straight away from
his heart. But do you think these bogeying and chronically politically
biased family run media in this country to preach continuously aiming at
pestering minds of the people by lullaby "Hindu Terror" the politically
motivated slogan.

Many times I feel Hindu religion became a religion of bitter political taste
and faith of opportunism for many "dramatist politicians" and western
stereotype media in this country. Should I be ashamed to say that I am a
Hindu? When I say I am a Hindu and I respect my religion and its teachings,
how it constitute to extremism or the so called "Hindu Terror"?. The oldest
civilization on the earth and its religious faith is increasingly becoming
an obstruction for many politicians to be in power. Politicians are keep on
tickling the wounds of Hinduism just to win over the so called "Minority" as
and when the need arise. The latest being heard loudly in the immature
Indian media are the Govt's .cooked up theory about Ramsethu Bridge,
Minority oppression, Christian persecution, Hindu Terror etc.

What about the investigations on other routine blasts? Where are the
culprits? What about thousands of Indians who lost their life in numerous
bomb blasts across the country?. What about their dependents especially the
old aged parents, widows and children? What about the people who routinely
victimized by the terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir?. What about the hundreds
of thousands of Hindu pandits who displaced from Jammu and Kashmir by the
Jihadis and still live like refugees? What about the 1.5 crores of illegal
Bangladeshi immigrants living freely in this country? This anti-national
propaganda started with "Direct Action day" riots instigated by Muslim
league in the pre partition period of independent India. The legacy still
continues to haunt us in the form of proxy war by our neighbors and they
easily find many sympathizers inside our country and they help bombs keep on
explodes just because of un-abating pseudo secularism.

In Kashmir Indian Armed forces fight Indians! As per the new trend those
includes the extreme- south keralaite Muslim youngsters! (Pseudo
secularists, don't misread, I don't blame the Muslim religion). What a
contradiction!

I am a common citizen and when I feel outraged and disappointed over these
continues open jihadi terrorism and utterly idiotic pseudo secularism in my
country with so many innocents are loosing their life in vain (Sorry pseudo
secularists, these innocents include Hindus, Muslims and another section of
people called "Human beings") we must imagine what could be the feeling of
millions of ultra nationalists in our country. An impotent government does
nothing to stop these well calculated killings, then people tend to react,
they take extreme steps to take revenge. It is a common psychology of human
being. Who to blame, the impotency of this Government or the Ultra national
citizens?

One of the highest ranking Army officers with excellent academic and
official track record is allegedly involved. The people associated with him
given their statement that he is a man with strong national sentiment and
patriotism. Then, why he took such an extreme step if it is true? It is for
us and the pseudo secular politicians to do an introspection to see what
went wrong. Should we have a strong and stringent laws, should we have
unbiased and hygienic political system, should we have uniform civil rules,
should we have unbiased investigating agencies these incidents wouldn't have
happened.

I AM LIVING IN A COUNTRY WHERE ITS CURRENT PRIME MINISTER ITSELF SAID
"MUSLIMS MUST HAVE THE FIRST CLAIM ON RESOURCES OF INDIA"!. Rather he could
have said "EQUAL WEALTH DISTRIBUTION IS THE NECESSITY TO HAVE SOCIAL
DEVELOPMENT AND HARMONY" being a responsible person, especially being dubbed
as "Western educated eminent economist"!

What a common citizen should read from this statement. Is this the kind of
secularism they preach? Who are they trying to educate on secularism?
Illiterate majority population in this country? It is just the tip of an
iceberg. If we dig it down further we can see a lot of dirty mud with so
many pseudo secularist worms skulking in that aimed at dividing the entire
nation just to stay in power.

Indian Media has lost its media ethics since long ago. It is sheer business
mentality and political affiliations rules this family run media companies
in this country. The saddening thing is we pay money to watch these
hypocritical news channels and then learn utter politically biased news.
Recent examples for their immaturity are many like one Aarushi Murder case,
media people were thronging behind the police and the premise of victim
house like bees even not letting them do their primary routine needs. When
an investigation starts, the facts figures and even conclusions are coming
in from the news channels even before the police complete or conclude its
investigation. When an election comes in we can see a lot of cooked up
stories airing in line with their respective political affiliation. Added to
that they mix the matters with a bit of western hip hop and stereotype
bollywood masala. Ashamedly with utter nonsense certain TV channels were
airing live broadcast of "Aishwarya- Bachan" marriage for hours! A marriage
with huge national importance of far reaching consequences, how can the
media ignore that!. Bachan family feeds millions in this country and employs
millions of jobless youngsters who dream of Aishwarya! Can you find anywhere
else such intellectual media?

Above all, now they got a weapon called online poll in their website to know
the pulse and reaction of people who watches their news, as per the result
they formulate subsequent stories.

When Narendra Modi contested his election for second term in Gujarat, we
witnessed the hungama and cooked up stories created by English TV Channels
in our country to politically assist their political shareholders, sponsors,
mentors and so forth to gift a defeat to Mr.Modi. But what turned out is a
History .Thankfully these immature intellectuals never came up with a
dubious opinion like "Those who voted for Modi are fundamentalists and
extremist Hindus". Then almost ¾ of the Gujarat population itself will come
under the tag of fundamentalism. It is severely itching time for such
reckless media bogeys in this country as they keep on watching the social
and economical development happening in that state. The same happened in
Orissa and Karnataka elections and here too their calculations went wrong.
The resultant was "Christian Persecution" theory. But that theory also
failed. Thankfully and visibly BJP ruled states are doing well in
socio-economic development indexes comparing to other states across India.

For the Pseudo secularists and certain sponsored Media now it is the turn of
"Hindu Terror". *They think they can set foot in soft soil with a new
appease mantra!*