[Reader-list] Twilight 08, a festival of Short Films.

Muante Hansing muante.hansing at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 18:15:25 IST 2008

Regards,

It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that i am working as the film
resource person for the upcoming short film festival, Twilight 08. This is
regarding this year's edition of Twilight, a festival of short films
organized by Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication (SACAC).
Twilight 08 is going to be held from 11th to 15th December 2008 at Alliance
Francaise and India Islamic Cultural Centre.

We are now inviting films for our competition sections. This year we have
introduced a new competition segment for professional filmmakers in addition
to the competition section for student filmmakers. Once short listed, they
will be invited to attend the festival in Delhi. We will reimburse their
transport (Return train fare by AC 3 Tier) and will also take care of their
lodging and boarding here for the festival days.

This year Twilight will have separate competition categories for student's
films and professional films. As value addition for the participating
filmmakers we are organizing daily workshops on the aesthetics, form,
content, narrative of short film genre "Aestheshort" everyday during the
festival, from 12th Dec till 15th December 2008 from 3 pm till 5 pm at the
Alliance Francaise auditorium. This year Twilight '08 is a part of Delhi
International Arts Festival. DIAF is an event on Arts and Culture in the
Capital, organized by Prasiddha Foundation with the support of the
Government of Delhi and NCT. The focus of the "Aestheshort" series will be
to promote discussion and debate on the short film genre. To do this we will
take up different aspects of this genre such a content, form, technology and
marketing. Each day the panel will consist of three personalities excluding
the moderator who will take up a specific subject. Each day of
"Aestheshort", 1 hour will be portioned for the panelists to put forth their
idea and though and the rest one hour will be for discussion and audience
interaction.

Twilight aims to serve as a platform for creating a closer interface between
art, art form and the artist within the framework of short films. We also
believe that as a young aspiring film Professionals, students need to be
acknowledged and respected for their individual skilled contribution they
make towards cinema.

Warm Regards,

--
Muante Hansing