[Reader-list] it was just a thought

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Wed Oct 1 08:35:38 IST 2008

Hi-- Just to clarify that what I made was a proposal, certainly open to
modification and/or disagreement or throwing out altogether.

So Aarti, I of course take and welcome your suggestions for
modifications in that spirit (though I don't know yet if I agree with
you, am still thinking).

I don't think any of us can say for sure what would work unless we try
something out and see what happens.  I think many of us on this list
think some very few very basic very clear protocols might help this list
to thrive even better.  And I think most of us do want this list to
thrive.  As with many of the issues we discuss, there is a shared sense
of commitment, even some shared bits of vision and yet-- no foolproof
solutions.