[Reader-list] The updated list of killings by the firing ofarmedforces

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Sat Sep 20 14:13:16 IST 2008

Dear Shuddha,

   the entire issue of "giving" land for yatris and "taking it back was a ploy by the then CM of Kashmir state, the motive is clear for all to see. Appeasement to hindus in rest of India, by the feel of the sentiment that oldest party is facilitating the hindus and the yathra. The benefits would have been immense to Congress to boast about "giving" lands to yathris.

 In actual practise, this land would have gone to hangers on of the madam, to construct the yathrinivas, swindle the yathris of the exorbitant room rents. What every citizen has overlooked is the fact that for decades the kashimri economy which wholly depends on toursim, devotional yathra, has been enabled by the kasmiri citizens, mostly muslims because they are the citizens of that landscape.

  Congress which for the first time held reins of governance thanks to a coalition with hizb faction of soft face, Mehbooba mufti and her father did not expect the capablity of mehbooba to use this very tool to alienate the votes in Kashmir away from Congress. Gulam, who was cozily in Delhi all these years with Rajyasabha membership is far removed from ground reality.

 As to garlands to those in jammu, you have a lopsided opinion, which I respect, but lives were lost on emotive issue of this land and its "give " and take" by suicides, the truckdrivers were beaten up by muftis' goons and mehboobas henchmen, that I have no hesitation to confirm, as per my sources. The issue was to highlight the "economic blockade to muslims of Kashmir to make an emotional issue that hits hard. None has been garlanded by the police or the governance but the governor, retired , tired dud scud, is unfit to be there, but thanks to loyalty and service to the first family he is there to carry forward the inhuman exercise of divide and rule for Sonia, the mafiosi.

Regards.