[Reader-list] Can't we shut Reader-List temporarily until polls are over

francesca recchia kiccovich at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 12:05:22 IST 2009

Dear all

As a non-Indian who tries to follow and contribute to the reading list, the idea of suspending it during the election time sounds quite unfortunate.
I guess this can be a challenge to the general sense of responsibility and respect towards the others in how we write what we write.

This is definitely not the site for campaigning but should be the place for challenging and exchanging each other's ideas.

There is a quotation from Julio Cortazar that I love and might be inspiring in this debate:
I write by default and dislocation, and since I write out of an
interstice I always invite others to discover one of their own and to
see for themselves the garden where the trees bear fruits that turn out
to be precious stones. The monster remains the same.

Hugs
francesca

francesca recchia
kiccovich at yahoo.com