[Reader-list] Can't we shut Reader-List temporarily until polls are over

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 19 15:06:44 IST 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:35:22PM -0700, francesca recchia wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As a non-Indian who tries to follow and contribute to the reading list, the idea of suspending it during the election time sounds quite unfortunate.
> I guess this can be a challenge to the general sense of responsibility and respect towards the others in how we write what we write.
>
> This is definitely not the site for campaigning but should be the place for challenging and exchanging each other's ideas.
>
> There is a quotation from Julio Cortazar that I love and might be inspiring in this debate:
> I write by default and dislocation, and since I write out of an
> interstice I always invite others to discover one of their own and to
> see for themselves the garden where the trees bear fruits that turn out
> to be precious stones. The monster remains the same.
>
> Hugs
> francesca
>
> francesca recchia
> kiccovich at yahoo.com

Though I do not and by far read all the SRL postings, I tend to agree with
Francesca, was it only because we, the firangis, are somewhat in awe to
see how elections and the democratic process are taken so seriously and
are so fiercely (or ferociously) discussed in india compared to the
lethargy and desilusionments prevailing in our parts ("que se vayan
todos!")

Chewers from just back in EU, patrizio and Diiiinooos!