[Reader-list] Crime and No Punishment: Malegaon Blast Accused Get a Respite

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 07:35:21 IST 2009

I think this reminds me that all of us must clearly specify our biases. I
think that would be better off because it is a critical issue. At least let
us be honest to ourself and towards others in this forum, rather than
shooting from the back and speaking on behalf of others while not accepting
it publicly.

To begin with, my first bias is clearly against RSS, and I have no issues in
accepting that. Why I do so, is something I have already specified many
times. My bias against them, is mostly on their ideology towards other
religions, and the acts they and their sister organizations have indulged
in. I don't think all the human rights organizations along with some of the
'sickular' (if that's what Pawan jee refers to for someone secular)
organizations can all be telling lies. Someone has got to be speaking the
truth, at least the victims if nothing else.

My bias is not towards parties but towards policies, and it's a pro-bias.
What is important is policies which help the people at large, rather than
lead to mutual acrimony and bickering. It seems that is the case on this
forum, where now Rajen ji, Murali ji, and a few others have no other
business but going in style on Hindutva and Hindu-Muslim issues.

For them, the only thing I wish to remind is that India is not just Gujarat
or Modi-pradesh. It is too diverse to even have one single ideology as its
cornerstone and foundation. And the struggle for justice and for freedoms
(which in itself includes some kind of responsibility) will continue.
Because for me, justice and freedoms are more important than Hinduism, Islam
or even Hindutva.

And it's something which Krishna himself fought for, the right to justice,
which I remember today on the occasion of Janmashtami.

Regards

Rakesh