[Reader-list] RTF (Right to Food) Articles - 16

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:36:43 IST 2009

Dear Jeebesh ji

Since you wished my reply, here it is.

The idea of a blog is something I accept, would be good, even for my own
sake. Hence, I am contemplating and in a few days, would probably make a
blog on such issues, as I think collecting articles for the same would be
good.

By the way, there's a campaign site for Right to Food Campaign, the link
being:

www.*righttofood*india.org/

You can visit the site, but it doesn't have all the articles I have been
sending as my posts. It however contains updates to the Right to Food
Campaign, and a lot of other information, which you may be interested in.

However, I equally have the right to accept your view or not, and since I
felt posting articles on this issue would help in members understanding the
issue and its importance in a better manner, so that they may also put
comments on it or discuss about it.

It now seems that people are more interested in not getting mails from Sarai
or discussing only on issues like communalism-secularism (hungry people
don't fight for Hindutva or for being secular, they want and fight for food)
or Islam and terrorism. Not to say that these issues are irrelevant, but if
these Islamic and Hindutva terrorists (whom we discuss about) were to be
forcibly kept hungry, it's not their ideology but food which will save them
from despair, deprivation and death.

Therefore, I would certainly consider your idea of putting a blog, for after
all, when members are concerned more about flooding of in-boxes rather than
knowing about an issue, may be that indeed may be a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Rakesh