[Reader-list] RSS and Child Trafficking

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:15:02 IST 2009

Dear Rajen jee

Let me answer your arguments in points:

1) First of all, I am tired of this secularism. I don't want any secularism
at all. It's a western ideological concept, which has been adopted in India
by twisting it on Nehruvian ideas, as I see it. Since the acceptance of
India being a secular country in the Preamble of the Indian Constitution, we
have had many more riots than before. The Indian state has by and large
either abetted these acts or failed from discharging its responsibilities in
these cases. And here I mean to say all the three organs of the state have
failed to some or the other extent in this.

The fact of the matter is that secularism is actually becoming a
justification for the violence, especially that directed against the
minorities. Look at the RSS. Isn't the RSS secular? Of course it is. It is
secular because it doesn't want a diversified version of Hinduism to exist
in this nation, at least not in the form it exists. You talk about tribals.
There are tribals in this country who eat meat, and those who drink as well.
Among these tribal communities, women also drink along with men. But the RSS
would have none of it, because it's against 'culture'.

Even if the diversities do exist, the RSS has decided to make these
palatable, and thereby ensuring that all of us are just mere clones: modern
outlook-based, secular in thought and expression, and nationalistic. This is
exactly what is not required. This is also what Hinduism is not about.

The RSS is an organization which supports the demand for a Uniform Civil
Code. Isn't it so? Why? Because the RSS is indeed secular, going by the
European definiton of the term. Yes, it doesn't want the state to involve
itself in religious affairs. This is why it wants the Govt. to scrap Haj
subsidies. Which is why the VHP led goons were justifying the 2002
post-Godhra pogrom by stating that Muslims are always appeased, and of
course any kind of appeasement is against secularism, right Rajen jee?

So, the problem is of secularism itself. The day secularism is out of Indian
politics, the RSS would be holding meetings to find out what next to attack,
because one armour in their weaponry would be now a waste.

This is why like you, I myself am hoping for a death of secularism. And I
don't feel India is a secular country.

2) Christian or Hindu, tribals are being oppressed from all quarters. To add
to this, we now have Naxalites who are also looking for a foothold among the
tribals. And of course, the Indian state is not too far to join it. First,
it was the Christian organizations who decided to proselytize with the aim
of 'harvesting the souls of Christ'. Then came the RSS, which wanted to
ensure their ideological domination, and therefore in the name of
secularism, started to question 'conversions' and indulged in conversion
programmes of their own.

They organized the 'ghar wapasi' programmes. But when the tribals were never
Hindus in the first place, isn't this conversion of Hindus? And ironically,
our Indian state never bothered to query as to whether the tribals thought
themselves to be Hindus or not. So also the RSS or their sister
organizations.

Our Naxalite brothers, then entered the fray in the name of fighting for the
tribals. Of course, now it has converted into a goonda movement where the
top commanders get rich and the people at the bottom get certain appeased
rights, and those who oppressed earlier or considered the agents of the rich
pay.

And then, we have the Indian state which enters the fray through police
(fake encounters), and Salwa Judum (and of course arrests like Binayak Sen
for which no condemnation can be enough)

3) Since you talk about my half knowledge level Sir, I agree I don't have
that great knowledge as you have. But you should also know that after the
Kashmir earthquake a few years ago (which affected both sides of Kashmir,
Indian and Pakistani), there were numerous reports of how the jihadi
organizations on POK (as reported in the Indian side) were involved in
relief and rehabilitation of those who died, providing them tents and
shelters as well as food, clothing, medicines and other help if required.
And the ISI was accused of helping them through men and material.

So if ISI can do such things, or coordinate in such activities, and if
Pakistanis therefore consider it right on their part to indulge in
activities like organizing bomb blasts across the nation, would it be fair
on their part to do so?

Infact, if I may say so, the ISI is less dangerous than the RSS. The ISI is
not a danger for Pakistan (the nation it works for)necessarily, as it's
primarily an espionage agency which acts outside Pakistan. The RSS is a
greater danger for our own country (the nation it supposedly works for)
itself because a foreign based ideology having no benefits is being sought
to be imposed on our own people, without a proper debate and discussion on
it. People are being misled in the name of Hindutva, and the very existence
of India as a free and fair democracy is being misused by asking people to
be nationalistic.

Also, my comparison is between ISI and RSS on an ideological scale and also
on the kind of actions they are indulging in, with respect to 'educating
children'.

By the way, the Army also does great amount of social service work during
times of distress, but that does not mean that the Army is given the right
to go around doing anything, going against the norms of democracy and rights
of people, in the name of AFSPA or other powers to protect the nation? This
is why furore takes place when any person in uniform is heard or accused of
raping a woman or taking part in a fake encounter.

4) The RSS has the Bajrang Dal and the VHP to do the dirty work, which is to
take the fight against the minorities. Howsoever much you claim to be
otherwise, people on this forum are wise enough to know the links between
the VHP and the Bajrang Dal. And the acts of these organizations are too
well known to be hidden. Probably the RSS gets embarassed when these links
are exposed, but people know what it is.

Waise Rajen jee, try telling that RSS is not linked to the two organizations
to anybody who has some knowledge of politics in this nation, and all you
will get is a ridicule. Even those from foreign countries who have knowledge
of politics in this nation are not going to believe you.

My argument goes beyond the RSS acting against the minorities; I personally
believe it's an organization whose ideology is a threat to Hinduism, to
India, and more importantly, to humanity itself. This is an ideology which
threatens to completely override the diversity of the Hindu faith and
religion and convert it into a mono-ideological, secular, modern-outlook
based religion, which is to completely disrespect the faith of those who are
talked of as being 'on the margins'. It is to ensure that Hindu religion
becomes similar to Islam and Christianity, which are supposed to have one
holy book, and one major place of worship.

The RSS is a threat to India because it has misused the right of democracy
and freedom of speech and expression, and the right to practise, preach and
profess one's views and religion, to spread their ideology which attacks the
minorities in direct/subtle manner and of course, to ensure that the
ideology spreads that 'the minorities have to live on the goodwill of the
majority'. This is against the basic right of democracy. Infact, the RSS
should be happy India is a democracy. If it were a dictatorship, under some
Nehru-kind of leader, the RSS would not have existed in this country.

And of course, all this is a threat to humanity itself, along with the idea
of imitating the 'enemy'.

Regards

Rakesh