[Reader-list] Fw: Baba Ramdev claims Yoga has a cure...

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 20:19:51 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

Which scripture says that religions are political? Then if religions are
political, why is it the supreme end is with something that one hsnt seen or
recorded as something called God. all this politics and everything in the
name of entity which we havent seen. who decides what god wants?

I made that statement in jest Rakesh. Actually i was watching an Iranian
film in which a farmer was asked why he did not vote? very prompty the
farmer replied his interviewer, since Allah is not contesting and he is a
believer of Allah, he doesnt want to vote for any of them.

I am just trying to point out that why these bunch of clerics, maulvis,
pandits, priests have to be taken into consideration. i find it completely
ridiculous. is it possible for them to shed their religiousity and speak for
what they want? tell me Rakesh. i have no idea, what religions gave to the
world except for some literature and self help manual. religion in public
discourse has been a failure. from St Aquinas to Shankaracharya, all their
arguments have been refuted, proved otherwise. so why this very idea of god
and religion have to exist in order for a human being to attain or to find a
purpose in life? what happened to our personal gods?