[Reader-list] Shahidul Alam detained by Indian Border Security Force

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 03:09:51 IST 2009

1. So Shuddha, I believe that we are in agreement that Artificial, ephemeral, man-made borders are necessary.

2.Now I think your issue is with the selective immigration policies of nations.These immigration policies may be based on the following reasons
a)reciprocation or bi-lateral cooperation
b)perceived security threat by the citizens of a particular nation
c)Diplomatic relations between two nations
d) Border disputes between two nations etc.
I do not claim this to be a comprehensive list.
Does this answer your question?

Thanks
Rahul