[Reader-list] No mention of emergency anywhere in schooling ?

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 13:31:29 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh Ji,
               The start up paragraphs are outstanding.Before I give my views on the rest of the paragraphs, I may make it clear that I am neither a Hindu Protagonist nor a Muslim basher nor an RSS sympathiser but what I see, read and observe day-to-day forces me to write.I have yet to see a single person who gives opinion against any Muslim writing about their plight or rights or a Christian doing the same but there are hundreds who would bash a Hindu if he/she writes anything on the plight of Hindus. May be it is akin to a neighbour coming to your house complaining about your child for some alleged act to his/her child and to placade him/her and you slap your child irrespective of the fact whether he/she is at fault or not to make yourself honourable and respectful in the eyes of the neighbour and this pleases the neighbour.I am a Delhi resident and never saw any RSS element doing any mischief against sikhs in 1984 riots while you write that RSS to a
 certain extent supported it.
It is only our democracy which allows people to make any type of allegations without any material proof against any one and everyone.If the rule of law is prevailing in our country and there is sufficient material evidence against any criminal activity done by anyone or any organisation, let the rule of law prevail and the guilty punished. When sufficent evidence is not there all accused are set free by the courts.But BJP etc become exceptions. They continue to be non-secular and blameable for every riot taking place in the country.If it is right ban such organisations,the Constitution and other laws enacted by Parliament permit doing so.
When Modi says Afzal Guru has not been hanged in spite of being convicted by the Supreme Court of India, Rahul Gandhi replies by saying he is in the queue for mercy petition to be decided and Modi wants him to be hanged out of queue  or something to this effect.Well if everybody has to be in the normal Queue can someone ask these politicians including Rahul Gandhi to be in Queue while travelling and not take predence over general public.Let them all be in normal queues.
We in our daily lives see  appeasement for Muslim and other sections for vote bank politics instead of imparting education,equality of opportunities irrespective of caste,creed and religion.

(A.K.Malik)