[Reader-list] AMAN KI AASHA

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Thu Feb 18 11:04:35 IST 2010

Dear Rakesh,

Of course the poem is trash. And of course any person with a taste
for trash has the right to send trash on to the list. I am not at all
disputing the right of any person to subject us to garbage. And of
course we should read such things patiently. I always do.

But, the right to send trash on to the list comes with the
corresponding obligation to be prepared to be criticised for having
done so. That is the responsibility that comes with practising the
freedom of speech.  I am always open to be criticised on this list,
provided the criticism is not defamatory or libel. I hope everyone
else is as well.

best

Shuddha