[Reader-list] AMAN KI AASHA

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Thu Feb 18 13:51:15 IST 2010

Dear All,

Nobody denies, or has denied anyone, the right to purvey their brand
of trash on this list. So long as what is being said is not
defamatory, libelious, sexist, racist or homophobic. The list evolved
a consensus on these matters a while ago.

So, to, insist that calling someone's opinion 'trash' is a violation
of their (the trash purveyor's) right to free speech, is misleading,
and disingenuous.

I have every intention of respecting everyone's freedom to purvey trash.

I have every intention of calling trash by its name when necessary.

The two intentions are not mutually contradictory.

My calling 'trash', trash, does not take away anyone's freedom to
post trash.

Let's stay focused and not create, or be misled into creating, false
martyrdoms, all over again.

best

Shuddha