[Reader-list] fwd:#INEVERASKFORIT Feb 17-27

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Sun Feb 21 00:11:32 IST 2010

fwd:

Subject:#INEVERASKFORIT Feb 17-27
From:Jasmeen Patheja <machleetank at gmail.com>
Date:Fri, 19 Feb 2010 02:55:59 +0530

Hello

Because acts of sexual violence continue to be defended with the
statement 'she asked for it'
No woman of any colour, dress , age, character deserves to be sexually
violated or what some might lightly call 'eve teased'.

This is an invitation to a new phase of our campaign- I NEVER ASK FOR IT
and in the true Blank Noise spirit, we're opening this to you to be an
Action Hero.

Here's how if you tweet

    * tweet what you wore when you experienced any kind of sexual
harassment with #ineveraskforit. (feb 17-27)
    * retweet the message above
    * you could even select your twitter page backdrop from here

look up #ineveraskforit response on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23ineveraskforit

*
and when you're not online:

We are also organizing clothes collection drives across cities
On Saturday Feb 20 between 5-7 pm we will be in Koramangla, Bangalore
On Saturday Feb 27 there will be a clothes collection drive in Delhi
More cities/ towns details to follow

to get involved you can
1. collect clothes of self. family. friends. institution
2. bring clothes to a clothes collection drive
3. or even organize a clothes collection drive in your neighbourhood.
office. place.
4. or volunteer to collect clothes where you live . work.
5. or suggest other ways of making this happen!

http://blog.blanknoise.org/2010/02/blog-post.html#links
See images from the last clothes collection drive here
email us at blanknoise at gmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you,

thanks!
Jasmeen on behalf of Blank Noise