[Reader-list] Personal Identity Data and its use in Mass Murder

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 17:09:20 IST 2010

Dear All

Especially to all those enlightened souls on this list who seem to
miss the point. Please answer: Is personal identity data not used in
some forms of communal rioting? If yes, then is it a crime to think
about a harmful aspect of such databases, especially at a time when a
state is asking us to give our fingerprints and iris scans? Why can't
one talk about how state plans to safeguard data with respect to
personal identities?

Warm regards

Taha

Some more examples: Dear Shashi, Bipin, AK Malik and Rahul- I really
want to thank you guys for opposing my view for it makes me more
determined to question my beliefs and fetch out instances which makes
we want to look at some things in the way I do. Please keep on
replying to my posts. Every post you make is an opportunity for me to
revisit, reexamine and test my view. I look forward to your responses.

Please read these instances below and please tell me, is it not that
apart from its proposed utilitarian aspects, data on personal identity
can also be used to orchestrate mass violence? If you can see a
correlation then may I most humbly ask, why should we not question,
critique and thoroughly examine Unique Fake Identity Authority of
India's claim that data will be secure?

1. In retaliation, on July 23 Tamil families were attacked at home and
work. With voter lists in hand, rioters systematically looted and
burned down hundreds of Tamil homes.
http://www.blackjuly83.com/Media.htm

2. Sinhalese rioters in Colombo used voter lists containing home
addresses to make precise attacks on the Tamil community. From
Colombo, the anti-Tamil violence fanned out to the entire island. The
psychological effects of this violence on Sri Lanka's complex and
divided society were still being assessed in the late 1980s.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/sri_lanka2.htm

3. We all know about the use of voters' lists to target members of a
minority community. I can attest from my 1984 experience that the
voter-list theory of riots isn't made up; I saw them being used with
my own eyes.
http://www.indiatogether.org/2009/oct/rkr-1984.htm