[Reader-list] advocacy of violence on 'Kafila'

Aalok Aima aalok.aima at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 14:11:27 IST 2010

tara prakash

i agree ..... a very positive and commendable step that from the article the lines advocating violence have been removed

something else has been teasing my mind

violence is a crime, advocating violence (the writer hilal mir) is a crime, knowingly providing a platform for advocacy of violence is a crime ...... i see shivam vij and/or kafila complicit in that crime

is it enough to just remove the 'lines'? one person Tariq was already provoked by the article into declaring "Here I am with a stone in my hand ready to hurl at them." (that comment has also been removed now)

i have been thinking .......

the bjp chief minister of karnataka has been accused of illegalities in allocation of state-land to his family members ...... the family members then surrender those lands ...... is that enough? does that wash out the crime?

defence personell have been accused of illegally receiving allotment of flats in the 'adarsh housing scam' in mumbai ....... they then surrender those flats ...... is that enough? is their complicity in a crime negated?

we in public space, cannot be kangaroo courts to levy penalties or give punishments ....... but we in public space do have a right to expect an acknowledgement of the crime and at the very least an apology ........ whether it comes from yeddyurappa of karnataka or from the defence personell in mumbai ..... or from shivam vij and/or kafila

i am expecting too much i guess

.......... aalok aima