[Reader-list] Entries invited for Shyamanand Jalan National Youth Theatre Award 2012/ Planman Motion Pictures is looking for Scripts and Stories/ Re.: Italian Embassy Cultural Centre, New Delhi: Saturday film: TREDICI A TAVOLA (Thirteen at the table)

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Thu Aug 4 10:40:50 IST 2011

The Kolkata based theatre group Padatik announces the Shyamanand Jalan National Youth Theatre Award 2011. Shri Shyamanand Jalan passed away in May 2010 leaving the Padatik family bereft but with a wonderful legacy that must be carried on, making all efforts to keep alive the spirit of exploration, encouragement & enthusiasm which he nurtured in all activities related to Theatre, Dance & other Art forms.

Keeping in mind Shyamanand’s special attention to promoting and mentoring ‘young talent’, it is only appropriate to focus on programs with special emphasis on schemes for the youth.
On 4th December 2010, a book on Shyamanand Jalan will be released at Rabindra Sadan; this will be followed by excerpts of some plays directed by him, enacted by actors he trained;
There will also be an exhibition on Shyamanand’s works at Gaganendra Shilpa Pradarshanshala (Calcutta Information center) from 3rd – 6th December 2010. This will be inaugurated by Shri Girish Karnad; Shri Shyam Benegal and Shri Kulbhushan Kharbanda are also expected to be present at these programs. These initatives are supported by Anamika Kala Sangam and Natya Shodh Sansthan.

Entrees are invited from young Indian playwrights for The Shyamanand Jalan National Youth Theatre Award 2012   instituted by Padatik, Kolkata. The SJNYTA Scheme is an annual award to be presented every year on the 13th of January.

The 2012 award is for original scripts from Indian playwrights between 18 to 35 years of age. Submissions are open from July 30 – October 30, 2011.

GUIDELINES
The scheme is open to Indian playwrights between 18 to 35 years of age
Selected playwright will be awarded Rs.25.000/- and invited for the presentation
Plays must be full length (estimated playing time not less than 75 minutes and not more than 120 minutes).They must not have been produced earlier
Play scripts may be submitted in Hindi, Bengali or English along with a synopsis of not more than 300 words in English
Original plays in any Indian language may be submitted in translation (Hindi, Bengali or English)
Scripts must be clearly typed, double spaced with wide margins. Pages must be numbered and the text securely bound. The author’s name must be mentioned only on the title page. The title of the play must be mentioned on each page of the text
Authors must guarantee that they have sole rights to all matter contained within the play. Any play accepted for production elsewhere before the award is announced will be disqualified
Winning entry will be selected by an independent panel of 3 judges
Work which expands or challenges existing theatre paradigms in any way will be especially encouraged
Padatik will, at its option, retain exclusive rights to produce and stage the play for a period of two years from the presentation of the award. No further royalty or any other fee will be paid for this period
The play may be produced in any or all the three languages mentioned
The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence concerning the results can be entered into
Padatik does not hold any responsibility for the loss or damage of the submitted scripts. Scripts entered are not returnable
The winner will be notified by post/e-mail, within 31stDec, 2011 and the result will be announced on the Padatik website
Scripts submitted online via e-mails, will not be accepted

Applications to include:

Entry form as per format
Biography of applicant in not more than 200 words
Age proof
Self-addressed, stamped envelope in case applicant desires acknowledgement of receipt

The entries, marked SJNYTA should be send to
Swapan Mitra
Padatik
6/7A, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road
Kolkata-700 017
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Planman Motion Pictures is looking for Scripts and Stories

Do you know a story that you think needs to be told? A tale that would make a great film? A script that you think we would love to read? Or do you have a great idea but don’t know how to make it into a script? You can send to us any such brainchild that you have and be certain that it would reach the right people. And if the security of your idea is a concern, do not worry because it would be accessible to and read by only the top management at Planman Motion Pictures, who are the decision makers on all such matters.
So wait no more and shoot your story ideas and scripts to scripts at planmanmotionpictures.com !
Please keep in mind that we get numerous scripts every single day. It is virtually impossible to give a personal and detailed feedback on all of them. Hence, if we are interested in taking the script forward, we shall get in touch with you. If you don’t hear from us within 45 days of sending your submission, it would mean that we are not in a position to take it ahead. We’re sorry, but individually writing back to everyone citing reasons, would not be possible for us.
Just a few points before your script takes off on its journey:

Kindly register your script with the concerned association before sending it to us. Mention these details in your script / synopsis. You can rest assured that Planman Motion Pictures will take every precaution to maintain the confidentiality of your script. It will never reach the wrong hands. Only our core creative team reads it. If we decide to not make it into a film, the script is permanently deleted from all records.
Make sure that you have mentioned your personal and contact details on the first page of your script. This would make it easier for us to get in touch with you.
Please send your scripts only in the Microsoft Word format. We often get RTF and other such formats, which are unable to open.
If you are sending your synopsis and not the entire script, make sure that it does justice to the central idea of the story and we can figure out the narrative on reading the synopsis.

Kindly note that the material submitted to Planman Motion Pictures shall not be returned. This is purely for logistical reasons. However, rest assured that all the material sent to us, including sensitive creative material such as scripts, music and picture portfolios, shall only be accessed by the Creative Head and shall not be misused. All material that we decide not take up, shall be securely destroyed.

So, go on and send in your idea. Your film might be just a click away!!
FILM SCREENING AT ITALIAN CULTURAL CENTRE

ON SATURDAY 6TH AUGUST 2011 AT 2.00 P.M

FOCUS ON:COMEDY BY NEW GENERATION DIRECTORS

The Film  :          TREDICI A TAVOLA (Thirteen at the table)
Director    :          Enrico Oldoini
Duration  :          94 min.
Year         :          2004
Cast         :          Kasia Smutniak, Nicolas Vaporidis ….

Venue      :    Italian Embassy Cultural Centre, New Delhi, Multimedia Hall

Entry by a valid photo ID card

Giulio a divorcedmiddle-aged man returns to the family villa in Tuscany where he spent his childhoodholidays with the entire family, in order to arrange for its sale together withhis brothers and cousins. The house brings back memories of his youth and ofthe beautiful Anna, relentlessly pursued by all his brothers but ultimately wonover by him. Overcome with emotions, and now aware of the significance of theproperty, will Giulio decide to settle there?

Thanks and best regards

Italian Embassy Cultural Centre
50- E Chandragupta Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi -110 021
Phone: 0091- 11- 26871901/03/04 Ext. 214
Fax: 0091- 11- 26871902